Cliff and Orea Haydon’s cabin pm Chena Slough in 2014 The Badger Road area was settled by homesteaders beginning in the early 1900s. However, before homesteaders started clearing land there was just Chena Slough...
Help preserve the stories of Alaska's historic sites.
The Colorblind Artist
- K-6 gillnetter is a reminder of Kenai’s long fishing history
- Old Town section of Homer experiences a renaissance
- Final week of “Interior Sketches III” Kickstarter campaign. Project is already fully funded – let’s keep up the momentum
- Old depot is a monument to Seward’s survival as a railroad town
- Palmer train depot served as a link between Matanuska Colony and the rest of Alaska