This is a painting by Marge Gull depicting the roadhouse at Big Delta in about 1915. (I’ve seen the original photo.) Located at mile 275 of the Valdez-Fairbanks Trail (90 miles from Fairbanks), it...
Help preserve the stories of Alaska's historic sites.
The Colorblind Artist
- K-6 gillnetter is a reminder of Kenai’s long fishing history
- Old Town section of Homer experiences a renaissance
- Final week of “Interior Sketches III” Kickstarter campaign. Project is already fully funded – let’s keep up the momentum
- Old depot is a monument to Seward’s survival as a railroad town
- Palmer train depot served as a link between Matanuska Colony and the rest of Alaska