This is a photo of the old steam shovel at Pioneer Park here in Fairbanks. It was used in the 1920s to build the Davidson Ditch, a 90-mile long aqueduct that brought water from...
Help preserve the stories of Alaska's historic sites.
The Colorblind Artist
- Alaska Nellie was an Alaska legend
- Railroads played important part in the development of Lake Kenai’s eastern shore
- Merrill Field serves Anchorage aviators for over 90 years
- The long history of the Fairbanks Daily News-Miner
- Treadwell Mine Complex was once the largest low-grade gold mine in the world