Sourdough Creek flows south out of the White Mountains and empties into the Chatanika River at about 66 Mile Steese Highway. Several miles upstream, along Sourdough Creek Road, lies the old Zimmerman/Carlson mining camp....
Help preserve the stories of Alaska's historic sites.
The Colorblind Artist
- Alaska Nellie was an Alaska legend
- Railroads played important part in the development of Lake Kenai’s eastern shore
- Merrill Field serves Anchorage aviators for over 90 years
- The long history of the Fairbanks Daily News-Miner
- Treadwell Mine Complex was once the largest low-grade gold mine in the world