Sourdough Creek flows south out of the White Mountains and empties into the Chatanika River at about 66 Mile Steese Highway. Several miles upstream, along Sourdough Creek Road, lies the old Zimmerman/Carlson mining camp....
Help preserve the stories of Alaska's historic sites.
The Colorblind Artist
- K-6 gillnetter is a reminder of Kenai’s long fishing history
- Old Town section of Homer experiences a renaissance
- Final week of “Interior Sketches III” Kickstarter campaign. Project is already fully funded – let’s keep up the momentum
- Old depot is a monument to Seward’s survival as a railroad town
- Palmer train depot served as a link between Matanuska Colony and the rest of Alaska