Chris Stern was a Swedish immigrant who, according to Wasilla historian Coleen Mielke, immigrated to the United States in 1886 and then moved to the Matanuska Valley in 1898. In 1913 Stern staked a...
Help preserve the stories of Alaska's historic sites.
The Colorblind Artist
- K-6 gillnetter is a reminder of Kenai’s long fishing history
- Old Town section of Homer experiences a renaissance
- Final week of “Interior Sketches III” Kickstarter campaign. Project is already fully funded – let’s keep up the momentum
- Old depot is a monument to Seward’s survival as a railroad town
- Palmer train depot served as a link between Matanuska Colony and the rest of Alaska