Treadwell was a company mining town just south of Douglas on Douglas Island. Associated with the town was the Treadwell Complex — four interlinked mines strung out along the island’s shore. During its lifetime,...
Help preserve the stories of Alaska's historic sites.
The Colorblind Artist
- Art show at Wasilla Museum in September – “Ramblings through Mat-Su history”
- Alaska Nellie was an Alaska legend
- Railroads played important part in the development of Lake Kenai’s eastern shore
- Merrill Field serves Anchorage aviators for over 90 years
- The long history of the Fairbanks Daily News-Miner