The things you find in the supposed hinterlands. This is a mid-1960s Mercedes Benz 1113 cab-over fire truck I saw in front of the Fairview Inn at Talkeetna. The model 1113s were called “kurzhaubers,”...
Help preserve the stories of Alaska's historic sites.
The Colorblind Artist
- Treadwell Mine Complex was once the largest low-grade gold mine in the world
- Chitina Auto-Railer and the end of the line for Copper River and Northwestern Railway
- Tomorrow is last chance to see my Ramblings through Historic Sites art show
- Seward’s Ballaine House is reflection of flush days of Alaska Central Railway
- The Rev. Bert Bingle’s 600 mile-long Alaska Highway parish