The things you find in the supposed hinterlands. This is a mid-1960s Mercedes Benz 1113 cab-over fire truck I saw in front of the Fairview Inn at Talkeetna. The model 1113s were called “kurzhaubers,”...
Help preserve the stories of Alaska's historic sites.
The Colorblind Artist
- K-6 gillnetter is a reminder of Kenai’s long fishing history
- Old Town section of Homer experiences a renaissance
- Final week of “Interior Sketches III” Kickstarter campaign. Project is already fully funded – let’s keep up the momentum
- Old depot is a monument to Seward’s survival as a railroad town
- Palmer train depot served as a link between Matanuska Colony and the rest of Alaska