Drawing of gold rush-era wheelman baed on photo from Selid-Bassoc collection, University of Alaska Fairbanks Archives Many people view winter biking as a recent phenomenon. However, bicycles came north with gold-seekers over 100 years...
Help preserve the stories of Alaska's historic sites.
The Colorblind Artist
- Alaska Nellie was an Alaska legend
- Railroads played important part in the development of Lake Kenai’s eastern shore
- Merrill Field serves Anchorage aviators for over 90 years
- The long history of the Fairbanks Daily News-Miner
- Treadwell Mine Complex was once the largest low-grade gold mine in the world