The dedication of the Alaska Highway on Nov. 20, 1942, received great publicity. However, stories often paid scant attention to the actual condition of the road when it first began accepting through traffic. The...
Help preserve the stories of Alaska's historic sites.
The Colorblind Artist
- K-6 gillnetter is a reminder of Kenai’s long fishing history
- Old Town section of Homer experiences a renaissance
- Final week of “Interior Sketches III” Kickstarter campaign. Project is already fully funded – let’s keep up the momentum
- Old depot is a monument to Seward’s survival as a railroad town
- Palmer train depot served as a link between Matanuska Colony and the rest of Alaska