Kulis Air National Guard Base in the early 1960s, with a Fairchild C-123J parked in front. According to National Park Service documents, Alaska’s first Air National Guard unit, the 8144th Air Base Squadron,...
Help preserve the stories of Alaska's historic sites.
The Colorblind Artist
- Art show at Wasilla Museum in September – “Ramblings through Mat-Su history”
- Alaska Nellie was an Alaska legend
- Railroads played important part in the development of Lake Kenai’s eastern shore
- Merrill Field serves Anchorage aviators for over 90 years
- The long history of the Fairbanks Daily News-Miner