Harry Karstens, cabin at Pioneer Park in the 1990s Henry Peter (Harry) Karstens, a.k.a. the Seventymile Kid, was a legendary Alaskan outdoorsman. He is remembered as co-leader of the first successful ascent of Denali...
Help preserve the stories of Alaska's historic sites.
The Colorblind Artist
- K-6 gillnetter is a reminder of Kenai’s long fishing history
- Old Town section of Homer experiences a renaissance
- Final week of “Interior Sketches III” Kickstarter campaign. Project is already fully funded – let’s keep up the momentum
- Old depot is a monument to Seward’s survival as a railroad town
- Palmer train depot served as a link between Matanuska Colony and the rest of Alaska