The things you find in the supposed hinterlands. This is a mid-1960s Mercedes Benz 1113 cab-over fire truck I saw in front of the Fairview Inn at Talkeetna. The model 1113s were called “kurzhaubers,”...
Help preserve the stories of Alaska's historic sites.
The Colorblind Artist
- Art show at Wasilla Museum in September – “Ramblings through Mat-Su history”
- Alaska Nellie was an Alaska legend
- Railroads played important part in the development of Lake Kenai’s eastern shore
- Merrill Field serves Anchorage aviators for over 90 years
- The long history of the Fairbanks Daily News-Miner