Suntrana, near Healy, takes its name from an Athabascan word meaning “burning hills,” denoting the smoke rising from smoldering coal seams nearby. Besides Usibelli Coal Mine, the area is best-known for the old Suntrana...
Help preserve the stories of Alaska's historic sites.
The Colorblind Artist
- Art show at Wasilla Museum in September – “Ramblings through Mat-Su history”
- Alaska Nellie was an Alaska legend
- Railroads played important part in the development of Lake Kenai’s eastern shore
- Merrill Field serves Anchorage aviators for over 90 years
- The long history of the Fairbanks Daily News-Miner