Here are some photos of emerging Northwestern Lady Ferns (Athyrium filix-femina var. cyclosorum) in my front yard. You can definitely see why these are sometimes called “fiddlehead” ferns. The botanical name for the young...
Help preserve the stories of Alaska's historic sites.
The Colorblind Artist
- K-6 gillnetter is a reminder of Kenai’s long fishing history
- Old Town section of Homer experiences a renaissance
- Final week of “Interior Sketches III” Kickstarter campaign. Project is already fully funded – let’s keep up the momentum
- Old depot is a monument to Seward’s survival as a railroad town
- Palmer train depot served as a link between Matanuska Colony and the rest of Alaska