Cliff and Orea Haydon’s cabin pm Chena Slough in 2014 The Badger Road area was settled by homesteaders beginning in the early 1900s. However, before homesteaders started clearing land there was just Chena Slough...
Help preserve the stories of Alaska's historic sites.
The Colorblind Artist
- Treadwell Mine Complex was once the largest low-grade gold mine in the world
- Chitina Auto-Railer and the end of the line for Copper River and Northwestern Railway
- Tomorrow is last chance to see my Ramblings through Historic Sites art show
- Seward’s Ballaine House is reflection of flush days of Alaska Central Railway
- The Rev. Bert Bingle’s 600 mile-long Alaska Highway parish