Here are a couple of pingos we saw along the Denali Highway. I think they were at about mile 49. Pingo is an Inuit (Northern Eskimo) word meaning hill. The term was borrowed...
Help preserve the stories of Alaska's historic sites.
The Colorblind Artist
- Art show at Wasilla Museum in September – “Ramblings through Mat-Su history”
- Alaska Nellie was an Alaska legend
- Railroads played important part in the development of Lake Kenai’s eastern shore
- Merrill Field serves Anchorage aviators for over 90 years
- The long history of the Fairbanks Daily News-Miner