Rusty Heurlin’s studio in Ester in the early winter of 2017 The cabin in the drawing was the studio for Alaska painter, Magnus Colcord “Rusty” Heurlin. Matthew Reckard, the artist’s neighbor, recently showed me...
Help preserve the stories of Alaska's historic sites.
The Colorblind Artist
- Art show at Wasilla Museum in September – “Ramblings through Mat-Su history”
- Alaska Nellie was an Alaska legend
- Railroads played important part in the development of Lake Kenai’s eastern shore
- Merrill Field serves Anchorage aviators for over 90 years
- The long history of the Fairbanks Daily News-Miner