Bessie was one of the last Salchaket speakers and is buried in the Salcha Native cemetery In 1984, Ester artist and writer, Jean Lester, embarked on a project to paint portraits of 25 average...
Help preserve the stories of Alaska's historic sites.
The Colorblind Artist
- Art show at Wasilla Museum in September – “Ramblings through Mat-Su history”
- Alaska Nellie was an Alaska legend
- Railroads played important part in the development of Lake Kenai’s eastern shore
- Merrill Field serves Anchorage aviators for over 90 years
- The long history of the Fairbanks Daily News-Miner