This is a painting by Marge of Clark’s Roadhouse, about 36 mils from Fairbanks. Clark’s was evidently a short-lived establishment. According to the book, “The Trail, the Story of the Historic Valdez-Fairbanks Trail,” the...
Help preserve the stories of Alaska's historic sites.
The Colorblind Artist
- Alaska Nellie was an Alaska legend
- Railroads played important part in the development of Lake Kenai’s eastern shore
- Merrill Field serves Anchorage aviators for over 90 years
- The long history of the Fairbanks Daily News-Miner
- Treadwell Mine Complex was once the largest low-grade gold mine in the world