The Hi-Yu mine as it looked in the 1990s About 25 miles northeast of Fairbanks sits one of the area’s most successful lode mines, now abandoned and decaying. The Hi-Yu mine is located...
Help preserve the stories of Alaska's historic sites.
The Colorblind Artist
- Art show at Wasilla Museum in September – “Ramblings through Mat-Su history”
- Alaska Nellie was an Alaska legend
- Railroads played important part in the development of Lake Kenai’s eastern shore
- Merrill Field serves Anchorage aviators for over 90 years
- The long history of the Fairbanks Daily News-Miner