Here are three more portraits from Jean Lester’s “Faces of ’84” series, done to commemorate 25 years of statehood. The series depicts 25 ordinary citizens of Fairbanks. Lois Meier taught school in Fairbanks...
Help preserve the stories of Alaska's historic sites.
The Colorblind Artist
- K-6 gillnetter is a reminder of Kenai’s long fishing history
- Old Town section of Homer experiences a renaissance
- Final week of “Interior Sketches III” Kickstarter campaign. Project is already fully funded – let’s keep up the momentum
- Old depot is a monument to Seward’s survival as a railroad town
- Palmer train depot served as a link between Matanuska Colony and the rest of Alaska